Re: [HACKERS] long long int and printf format for int8.c

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
Cc: "'hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] long long int and printf format for int8.c
Date: 1998-08-28 14:28:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Andreas Zeugswetter wrote:

> My AIX box only accepts %lld as the long long int printf format.
>
> If this format also works on other platforms, I think it would be nice to use this instead of %Ld
> What is the standard ?

I believe that this falls outside the standards as compiler-specific
extensions (for 32-bit machines anyway).

gcc and glibc uses the "%Ld" and the Alpha box has 64-bit long ints
anyway so would use "%ld". This is at least a machine- and
architecture-specific item.

Ooh, I just found in my (gnu) man page for scanf:

  Specifying two l flags is equivalent to the L flag.

so at least for my libc both forms are supported...

                     - Tom