Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Connection

From: John Reilly <jr(at)broadcom(dot)ie>
To: "Dr(dot) Herrera" <drherlams(at)diandel(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Connection
Date: 1998-08-24 16:40:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Eric Marsden wrote:

> DrH> I am trying to connect to PostgreSQL from Java (JDK 1.1.6)
> DrH> under RedHat Linux 5.1 using the JDBC interface. I have
> DrH> compiled the driver and tried to run the examples this way:
> DrH>
> DrH> java -Djdbc.drivers=postgresql.Driver example.basic jdbc:postgresql:prueba
> DrH> postgres postgres
> DrH>
> DrH> where 'prueba' is the name of an existing database.
> DrH> But I always get a 'Connection refused' error in
> DrH> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:prueba")
> DrH>
> DrH> I have modified pg_hba.conf to allow any user on any host
> DrH> access to any database but the error still remains.
>
> Possible solution: have you started the database with the `-i' option
> (to allow TCP/IP connections, which are used by the JDBC interface)?
> Read the postmaster manual page for more details.

Hi,
For RedHat5.1
edit /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql and add the -i parameter there.

"su postgres -c '/usr/bin/postmaster -i -S -D/var/lib/pgsql'"

jr

John Reilly, | Phone: +353 1 6046006
Broadcom Eireann Research Ltd., | Fax: +353 1 6761532
Kestrel House, | Email: jr(at)broadcom(dot)ie
Clanwilliam Place, |
Dublin 2, Ireland |