Woohoo!! Got my first data access through Applix via the psqlodbc
driver. It turns out that Gerald's suggestions about driver linking
problems and a damaged Makefile (with a misplaced "-L") were the keys to
jump these last steps, and I probably would not have gotten anywhere
without the suggestions. Thanks Gerald!
Anyway, if I can remember how to get a screenshot from Xwindows then
I'll send one along (any hints on how to do it?).
I've got changes to almost every file, none of the changes being huge
but cumulatively there is a lot which needed to be slightly different to
work on Unix. Some changes I've made to the odbc.ini file reading might
affect behavior under Windoze too, but I suspect that they are
desirable; in particular making the odbc.ini file reading insensitive to
whitespace and to case. At the moment the driver is case sensitive when
reading the odbc.ini file, and I can't think why it should be...
I do get a "broken pipe" with at least one operation still; spent the
last while trying to get more of the internal calls stubbed out properly
and things work somewhat better but not finished yet.
Anyway, we have some progress!
In response to
pgsql-interfaces by date
|Next:||From: Gerald Gryschuk||Date: 1998-08-20 08:30:57|
|Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] iodbc interface on Unix|
|Previous:||From: Thomas G. Lockhart||Date: 1998-08-20 05:12:51|
|Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Data types and binary data|