Re: [INTERFACES] iodbc interface on Unix

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>, Aleksey Demakov <avd(at)gcom(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Gerald Gryschuk <ggryschuk(at)scf(dot)sk(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] iodbc interface on Unix
Date: 1998-08-19 17:09:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> At the moment, I'm stuck on a bizarre symptom (which of course will
> make perfect sense the second after I send this e-mail :) I'm having
> trouble seeing SQLExecute() entered, but can see the calling routine
> and can see a return. So it looks like the routine is not actually
> getting called, which of course is impossible. Don't know what is
> going on quite yet...

OK, with Gerald's guidance I can confirm that the linker was calling the
iodbc routine SQLExecute rather than the internal psqlodbc routine of
the same name. This makes a bit of sense to me, since iodbc is getting
loaded first and is "steering the boat". I've stubbed-out SQLExecute()
as has been done for several other routines by defining _SQLExecute() as
the real routine and SQLExecute() as a pass-through stub.

So, I now get through several of the startup queries, including the
large object cursor loop, then crash. But clearly things are
progressing; just need to figure out what is getting called next and
(I'll bet) find out what else needs to be stubbed...

                        - Tom