Re: [INTERFACES] iodbc interface on Unix

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: Aleksey Demakov <avd(at)gcom(dot)ru>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] iodbc interface on Unix
Date: 1998-08-19 14:59:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> > But I sent a
> > patch to fix this problem for previous version.
> Tom, if you got this patch, did it help with the compiling problems,
> or did you just fix it yourself?

I don't remember if I applied it directly or typed it myself. Yes, it
did help, but since I'm making quite a few minor changes to try to track
down the current problems it would probably be best if you waited to
apply it. I'll give you an integrated set of patches (or a new set of
source code if you find that easier) when we figure out what is going
on.

At the moment, I'm stuck on a bizarre symptom (which of course will make
perfect sense the second after I send this e-mail :) I'm having trouble
seeing SQLExecute() entered, but can see the calling routine and can see
a return. So it looks like the routine is not actually getting called,
which of course is impossible. Don't know what is going on quite yet...

So the current status is that the initial startup packet is working, but
the configuration statements ("set DateStyle = 'ISO', etc) are
apparently not; the backend never sees a query, even the empty query
sent just after the startup negotiation.

- Tom