Re: [INTERFACES] Tcl_CreateExitHandle error

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Porter of PDSW <porter(at)cs(dot)unipune(dot)ernet(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Tcl_CreateExitHandle error
Date: 1998-08-02 23:31:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> i tried compiling (LINUX_ELF set to true) postgres95

I assume you are actually trying the latest release, labeled PostgreSQL
v6.3.2?? If not, that is the one you should be working with.

> For any help
> if you need information on these warnings here they are ...
> /usr/lib/bison.simple:294: warning: implicit declaration of function `Int_yyerror'
> ..... similar errors snipped ......
> /usr/include/asm/bitops.h:23: warning: no previous prototype for `set_bit'
> ..... similar errors snipped ......

Down to here these are very normal "errors". yacc/bison doesn't declare
a prototype for the generated parsing routines so gcc complains since we
have warnings turned on. Also, Linux omits prototype declarations for
some inline bit manipulation assembler routines since the actual code is
in the .h file anyway. Causes the compiler to whine about missing
prototypes and, yes, they are missing...

Sorry, don't have any experience with the C++ and tcl warnings...

- Tom