Re: [INTERFACES] psqlodbc

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: MrLinux(at)applix(dot)com
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] psqlodbc
Date: 1998-08-02 14:51:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> 3) The driver appears to successfully complete a few of the
> transactions involved in starting up the database connection,
> including one or two queries. It returns from SQLConnect() with a
> SQL_SUCCESS return code.
> 4) After that point Applix reports a "broken pipe". Log info from the
> "psqlodbc" and "mylog" debugging files is at the end of the mail. It
> looks like SQLConnect() is returning, but I don't know what should
> happen next to see where things are bombing out.

It turns out that the backend reports "reaping dead processes" without
showing any successful transactions other than (perhaps) a successful
plain connection. So, it appears that the two or three queries embedded
into SQLConnect()/CC_connect() are not actually succeeding, or even
getting to the backend properly.

Looks like it would help to have Byron involved, so I will move back to
working on docs for a few days.

btw, I've only just started looking at the fe/be code, but istm that it
would be really nice if libpq-fe could fully support the WIN32 interface
or if psqlodbc could use libpq-fe when on a Unix box. Some guy in Russia
has a driver which uses libpq-fe and the code looks like it has the same
lineage as Byron's code (before Byron started working on it). Where does
this code come from? Byron's code gives credit to Christian Czezatke and
Dan McGuirk but the "iodbc project" driver doesn't.

- Tom