Re: [INTERFACES] psqlodbc

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Aleksey Demakov <avd(at)gcom(dot)ru>, mr(dot)linux(at)applix(dot)com
Cc: byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] psqlodbc
Date: 1998-07-30 05:10:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

> > I'm trying to build the ODBC driver to use with an iODBC interface
> > for the upcoming release of ApplixWare on Linux.
> Try with this patch.

OK, that seems to help (though there is still major ugliness with the
macro which disables mylog()).

Anyway, I now have a sharable library, and ApplixWare is running. But I
don't see any candidate servers when I try to select a database to open.
I made a ~/.odbc.ini file, and included entries like:

[Postgres]
Debug = 0
CommLog = 1
Driver = /opt/postgres/current/lib/libpsqlodbc.so

but see nothing in the ApplixWare dialog box. Does anyone have a working
.odbc.ini file, perhaps for MySQL? I guess I expected to see "Postgres"
as a candidate database in the ApplixWare dialog box, even if the rest
of the configuration was screwed up. What else needs to be set up??

TIA

- Tom