Re: [INTERFACES] Win32 version of the psql library

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Chris Williams <chris_d_williams(at)itd(dot)sterling(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Win32 version of the psql library
Date: 1998-07-24 09:06:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Chris Williams wrote:
>
> > What is the expected date of release for the 6.4 of Postgres?  Is that
> > the only win32 component that will be included the 6.4 release?
>
>         Oct 1, I believe...Sept 1st is looking like Beta-Freeze, with a
> release one month later...
>
>         As for the only component...so far as I know, its the only
> component that someone has worked on.  Unless someone from the Win32 world
> works on and submits more, that will most likely be thte only component...

Why not include the (insight's) ODBC driver too ?
Not providing a win16 driver can't be strong enough cause for
exclusion of _the_ win32 connectivity library from the distribution ;)

And I suspect that the JDBC drivers work on Win32 as well.

And as i have heared the tcl-only tcl client, which makes pgaccess also
win32 component.

I think the psql library was one of the _last_ client libraries to be
generally known to work under win32 ;)

Hannu