Re: [INTERFACES] 'xmin' column in the Access 97

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: Michael Yeung <michaely(at)alphanet(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: "'Interfaces of Postgres'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] 'xmin' column in the Access 97
Date: 1998-07-22 12:59:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Michael Yeung wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am using the latest ODBC Driver to connect to the Postgres DataBase ! Then I use Access 97 to link the table in the postgres database with this latest ODBC Driver behind a firewall.
>
> However, an additional column called 'xmin' appears for which contains a six digit number. This 'xmin' column IS NOT CREATED in the Postgres Database !
>
> Have anyone of you experienced the similar problem ? Any suggestions and solutions will be highly appreciated.

You have Row Versioning turned on in the driver. You can either manually hide the field via Access properties, or turn it off the feature in the driver. Check Advanced Options -
DataSource. Before you do so, you may want to refer to http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/psqlodbc_confighelp.html for more details. Look for Advanced Options - Row Versioning and
be sure to check out the faq (http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc/psqlodbc_faq.html) on this issue.