Re: [INTERFACES] odbc driver for a linux box

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: "Anton Stckl" <tony(at)cys(dot)de>
Cc: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] odbc driver for a linux box
Date: 1998-07-21 13:11:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Anton Stöckl wrote:

> David Hartwig wrote:
> >
> > Try: http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc
> >

> Thx for the quick answer.
>
> I already have the driver for Win32 and it works well (at least on
> WinNT).
>
> What I want to do is to connect from a Linux client to a PostgreSQL
> server
> on another unix(NetBSD) server. I have to use ODBC as I need to import
> the data into StarOffice applications.
> Is the source code on the insightdist page for the unix world?
> If so, it should be mentioned on the page.
> Else I still need a driver.

The source code will compile on Linux (you will need to use gcc). It is
mentioned on the page. The source release comes with a README.linux
file that you should look at.

> I have a problem with the Win32 driver on a Win95 machine, too.
> The dirver installs fine, but if I want to create the odbc source, I
> can't
> choose the PostODBC driver as it's not in the list of choosable drivers.
> Any ideas to that one?

I got that when I tried to use Cold Fusion on Win95. It couldn't
configure data sources through its own thing. It said to configure the
data source manually through the 32 bit odbc administrator. I'm not
sure what it is looking for or if its just because Postgres isn't
supported in that regard. I would be curious if the MySQL driver could
do it?

I didn't see anything obviously wrong in the driver and I didn't have a
chance to do any in-depth debugging.

Byron