Servlet question... Am I missing something?

From: Dallas Hockley <hockleyd(at)cybersoft(dot)ab(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Servlet question... Am I missing something?
Date: 1998-07-21 00:02:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Greetings all,

I've got a bit of a problem, and I've been beating my head into the
monitor for a bit too long to have any more ideas.

I've got Apache 1.3 with jserv 0.9.11 running on a Linux RedHat 5.0 box
(with some patches).

I can create servlets no problem, and return data within web pages.

The problem is, now I'm trying to add a database connection to run a
query and fill a table on the fly. Seems simple BUT....

Every time the servlet executes, I'm getting a User Authentication
Error. The same code runs fine on other servers as an application.

The web server and the database are (currently) on the same server, and
the host 127.0.0.1 is password in pg_hba.conf. All hosts are password
authenticated. Unix domain sockets are still trusted on the localhost.

Identical code for the database getConnection() call, but the servlet on
the web server doesn't run, the app on a separate server does.

Help..... my heads sore.... :-S

Dallas Hockley
hockleyd(at)cybersoft(dot)ab(dot)ca