Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Date: 1998-07-20 19:35:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > OK, I will leave it alone. Is there a way to use junk filters only in
> > > cases where we need them?
> >
> > I have not YET come up with a clean method for detection of the a resjunk flag being set, on some resdom in the
> > tatget list, by a GROUP/ORDER BY. I will give it another look. It does seem a bit heavy handed to construct the
> > filter unconditionally on all SELECTS.
>
> David, attached is a patch to conditionally use the junk filter only
> when their is a Resdom that has the resjunk field set. Please review it
> and let me know if there are any problems with it.
>
> I am committing the patch to the development tree.

I did not get any attached patch. ??? I can check it out at home where I have cvsup.

Where there any confirmed problems cause by the aggressive use of the junkfilter? I ask because, adding this extra
check probably will not resolve them. It may only reduce the problem.

I was planning on including an additional check for resjunk as part of another patch I am working on. (GROUP/ORDER BY
func(x) where func(x) is not in the targetlist) Graciously accepted.