MS Access 97 uses type "text" instead of "memo"

From: "Palmer, Chris" <Chris(dot)Palmer(at)exchange1(dot)echostar(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MS Access 97 uses type "text" instead of "memo"
Date: 1998-08-24 22:04:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I recently installed the PostgreSQL ODBC driver for use with MS Access
97. I can link postgresql tables just fine, but when I try to view the
data, all records with a postgres varchar() type that have in excess of
254 characters cause the record display to generate errors within
Access. This is being caused by the "text" field type being assigned to
"varchar()" field types during the link. Is there any way to tell
Access (or the ODBC driver) that varchar() field types should be set to
"memo" field types when Access handles them?

Thanks,

Chris Palmer
chris(dot)palmer(at)echostar(dot)com