[INTERFACES] Escape Characters

From: John Horncastle <horncasj(at)cybersurf(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [INTERFACES] Escape Characters
Date: 1998-06-24 22:38:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am trying to insert/update information in a char field, and
unfortunately the information can include any of the printable ascii
characters. The problem that I am having is that ocassionally a "\"
character is present and is subsequently ignored when the data is
inserted/updated. I have tried inserting and additional "\", but the
data inserted/updated then contains two "\" characters. If anyone could

help, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

John