PHP problem solved

From: Steve Doliov <doliov(at)statsol(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PHP problem solved
Date: 1998-06-24 22:05:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
My PHP interface now works, and there was only one change i needed to
make to my script.

pg_Connect("host=gecko user=... dbname..);
                 ^^^^^
                 earlier i was putting down localhost here.  that kept
getting rejected with auth failures.  now that i put down
the host name, it's happy.  i woulda thought this wasn't necessary and
perhaps there is still somehting wrong with my pg_hba.conf, but now at
least crypt and password authentication work.

hope this helps anyone else having the same problems.

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: John HorncastleDate: 1998-06-24 22:38:30