Re: RC1 time?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RC1 time?
Date: 2002-01-04 06:50:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>> Aside from the lwlock business, Karel seems to be seeing some problem
>> in to_timestamp/to_date.

> I thought Karel sent in a to_date patch yesterday that you applied.  Was
> there another issue?

Yes.  He reported something that looked a lot like a DST boundary
problem, except it wasn't on a DST boundary date.  Thomas thought it
might be a consequence of the timestamp-vs-timestamptz change from
7.1 to 7.2.  See http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1345390

(BTW, is anyone else noticing that fts.postgresql.org is missing an
awful lot of traffic?  For example, I can't get it to show Thomas'
comment on the above-mentioned thread; and that is *VERY* far from
being its only omission lately.)