Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL/ODBC/WinNT?

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: Jeffrey Lyon <lyonj(at)em-systems(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL/ODBC/WinNT?
Date: 1998-06-12 14:17:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Jeffrey Lyon wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Will the lastest ODBC driver support Windows NT? The site for it seems
> to indicate that it will only work with Windows 95. I have installed in
> on a WinNT machine and it reports that the user cannot log in and that
> the authentication type is unknown.

I thought about your problem some more, and I believe this might be because
the protocol between the driver and the backend do not match. If you are
using Postgres 6.2 on the backend, then you must tell the driver to use the
6.2 protocol.

Got into 32bit ODBC administrator, and call up your datasource, under
Advanced Options, select "DataSource".

Check the "6.2 protocol" box.

See if this works for you.

Byron