Re: [INTERFACES] Re: M$-Access'97 and TIMESTAMPs

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: "Jose' Soares Da Silva" <sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it>
Cc: interfaces postgres <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: M$-Access'97 and TIMESTAMPs
Date: 1998-06-12 13:57:22
Lists: pgsql-interfacespgsql-sql

Jose' Soares Da Silva wrote:

> Ok Byron, I think this is a good solution.
> In this way we don't need to add a TIMESTAMP to every table there's already a
> XMIN present.
> In any way, what's happen with TIMESTAMPs ? May we have Access recognize it as
> DATETIME or we can't because Access beleaves that's a ROWVER ?
> I would like to try it. Please Byron may you send me the code for '=' operator
> for xid type.
>                                                          Jose'

I added the postgres timestamp type and mapped it to SQL_TIMESTAMP, so Access recognizes it
now as a Date/Time.  It does not automatically recognize it is a ROWVER.  Did you read
somewhere that it did that?  In my testing it never did, UNLESS, I mentioned the column in
SQLSpecialColumns and specifically said it was a ROWVER.

Byron

P.S., Dave Hartwig is sending you the code for the xid '=' operator.