Re: Problems with precompiled pgsql on mac

From: Peter Elmers <p(dot)elmers(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with precompiled pgsql on mac
Date: 2007-04-11 09:12:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

Yes, that is indeed the problem.
I tried the recommended settings for sysctl.conf. Now ard and
postgresql are working well together.

Now i am ongoing to optimize the settings. Without changing the
sysctl.conf or rc, i am able to get postgres running with the
following settings:

max_connections = 40
shared_buffers=640kB

Does anybody see any problems with theese settings? The amount of
parallel connections should not be a big problem, because it is a
dedicated database.

Thanks Tom and best Regards,

Peter