[HACKERS] Upgrade improvements.

From: mark metzger <mmetzger(at)ksminc(dot)com>
To: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: [HACKERS] Upgrade improvements.
Date: 1998-06-08 17:03:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I noticed that the way Lotus Notes updates there database to a new
version is through something similar to our Vacuum. In other word, if
you upgrade the server the databases are still stored in the old format.
To get the new format you would perform a Vacuum and this would rewrite
the database into the new format.

Is this a possible solution to simplifying the steps in the upgrade
process?

Check out the article about some of the new database features planed for
Notes 5.
http://www.notes.net/today.nsf/b1d67fedee86c741852563cc005019c5/9489b036757596c58525660900627762?OpenDocument

Oliver