Re: pgaccess, white text on white background

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Scott Taylor <stay(at)u(dot)washington(dot)edu>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgaccess, white text on white background
Date: 1998-06-07 07:49:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Scott Taylor wrote:

> I'm experimenting with pgaccess and like what I've seen so far! There
> seems to be a problem on my system with the display of fonts in text
> entry boxes. The letters in the text entry boxes aren't visible unless
> they are highlighted. Can you recommend a fix for this problem? I'm
> using tcl7.6, tk4.2, solaris2.5.1, postgres6.3.2 ... that's about all I
> can think of.

Hi!

I remember that someone who also used PgAccess on Solaris had the same
problem!
But I didn't recall if he solved the problem!
It's obviously a problem of Tcl/Tk and I don't know what to do.
If there is a patch in order to solve the problem, please send it to me
and I'll put on PgAccess's home page in order to help Solaris users.

Maybe you should try to change the source, specifying explicitly the
colors for that widget (black on white).
Would you send me please more information what textboxes (in what
modules) aren't visible so I could change the source and send to you an
example!

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA