Got the Cursor Library to work! YE HA!

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: Oliver Stegle <ostegle(at)fr(dot)infra(dot)net>, "bcurnow(at)sonnet(dot)com" <bcurnow(at)sonnet(dot)com>
Subject: Got the Cursor Library to work! YE HA!
Date: 1998-05-27 19:33:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I finally got the odbc cursor library to work with our odbc driver!

This means that things like MFC's CRecordSet snapshot, and others
hopefully Visual Basic, etc, will work and also you can do positioned
updates! I successfully scrolled around and updated a CRecordset!

The cursor library has always existed (we redistribute it with the
driver), and in fact for MFC at least, the default was to try to load
it. However, because of shortcomings in the driver, the cursor library
always failed to load, thus recordsets were not updatable. Most notably
preventing the cursor library from working was the missing
SQLGetCursorName and SQLSetCursorName functions, which I added, as well
as several incorrect info calls.

Now, you can execute positioned sql ( select for update, update ...
where current of, etc.), and use SQLSetPos(), just by loading the
library.

Here is a list of things the library adds to the driver:
SQLExtendedFetch (complete, with FETCH_RELATIVE as well)
Postioned SQL Statements (select for update, update ... where current of
<cursor>)
Positioned Operations (with SQLSetPos)
Block cursors (multiple rows of bound data)
Scrollable cursors (static)

This is great because it elevates our level 1 driver to alot more
functionality, like that of level 2 drivers!

I will be posting the new driver at our website, probably friday.

If you need more information about any of this stuff, dont hesitate to
ask me.

Regards,

Byron