Anonymous Code Blocks as Lambdas?

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Anonymous Code Blocks as Lambdas?
Date: 2009-10-26 16:25:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Howdy,

Very excited about the new `DO` command in 8.5a2. I read through the
patch review thread and found that, like me, Dim had expected it to
behave more like a lambda than a simple command. And from Tom's
comments, it looks like it was committed in such a way to make such
extensions possible (passing arguments, returning values (maybe even
sets?).

So I was wondering if anyone has thought about adding such
functionality, and if so, what it might look like?

If the answer is "no, because we want to see what cow paths develop in
8.5," that's fine with me. I'll just be chasing cows. :-)

Best,

David