Re: NEW ODBC DRIVER

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: "Jose' Soares Da Silva" <sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it>
Cc: interfaces postgres <pgsql-interfaces(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NEW ODBC DRIVER
Date: 1998-05-11 12:35:29
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-interfaces

Jose' Soares Da Silva wrote:

> I have a problem with types.
> I created a table with a column of type money and another with type
> bool, Access translate money to numeric (double precision) and bool to
> text.
> I thought that Access recognized this types as Money and Yes/No.
> Is it an ODBC or a PostgreSQL problem ?
>                                                          Thanks, Jose'

In my tests, Access never bothered to retrieve the information returned by
the driver which says that the field is a MONEY type.  I chose to make it a
numeric, but I could make it character, which would allow you to see the
money symbols, but I'm not sure if you could perform calculations on it?

As for the BOOL problem, I tried to return it as a SQL_BOOL, but Access
displayed it as 0=FALSE, and (-1)=TRUE.  Why does TRUE translate to a -1, I
have no idea.  But for that reason, I chose to make it a character type
instead.

I could add options to the setup dialog for handling these two types, if
anyone's interested.

Byron