Problem running configure on Solaris 2.7

From: CONDLEJ(at)chplink(dot)chp(dot)edu
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem running configure on Solaris 2.7
Date: 2001-09-04 17:39:32
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have been having a problem trying to configure postgresql-7.1.2 on my solairs
2.7 box.  It get too
checking for optreset....no
checking for test program... failed
configure: error:
*** Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
*** related to locating shared libraries. Check the file 'config.log'
*** for the exact reason.

The config.log file show many undeclared variables related to WIN32.
it also has a line about optreset
Undefined           first referenced
   symbol               in file
optreset                    /var/tmp/ccimk5kt.o

I am doing everything as root.  Is there something else that has to be in my
path beside
/usr/local/bin, /usr/ccs/bin, /usr/bin and /usr/sbin.

I found some instructions on techdocs.postgresql.org for Solaris and tried to
follow them.  The set shmsys lines that it said to add to my /etc/system file
would not allow my machine to boot.  I had to restore the original system file.

I am really stuck.  I have spent 4 days on this so far and will have to look for
another solution soon if I can not reslove the problem there.  I will admit
ignorance about shared memory.  I have searched the web for help any links would
be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Joe

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: brewDate: 2001-09-04 23:22:10