Re: insert/update tps slow with indices on table > 1M rows

From: andrew klassen <aptklassen(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: James Mansion <james(at)mansionfamily(dot)plus(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: insert/update tps slow with indices on table > 1M rows
Date: 2008-06-04 21:30:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

I am using the c-library interface and for these particular transactions
I preload PREPARE statements. Then as I get requests, I issue a BEGIN,
followed by at most 300 EXECUTES and then a COMMIT. That is the
general scenario. What value beyond 300 should I try?
Also, how might COPY (which involves file I/O) improve the
above scenario?
Thanks.