Re: My SGML build fixed

From: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: My SGML build fixed
Date: 2003-12-18 09:03:52
Lists: pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian writes:
> How often does the site build the SGML files?

Whenever something changes.

> And just
> last week the News build failed because it lost execution bits.

Uh, so?  Your reasoning is that because some unrelated program on an
unrelated machine breaks, we should abandon all work on all programs on
machines in the the DNS domain?

> I still
> don't trust dynamic content on to work reliably.

Well, if something doesn't work, please help fixing it rather than
duplicating it.  Your build breaks just as often as anything else.
(Remember last week.)  And I want to know when the build
was ever broken in the last two years.

Right now it just seems like a waste of resources and it confuses the