Re: [INTERFACES] Naming of the PostreSQL ODBC .dll file

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Naming of the PostreSQL ODBC .dll file
Date: 1998-04-17 21:55:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Well, the driver is now 32 bit and 16 bit support would be very difficult to add and
would degrade the driver's performance and supportability, as I already stated.  I
think it would be moving backwards for this development effort.

We haven't heard any complaints yet about the lack of 16 bit support.  Why dont we
just keep going in a forward direction and see what happens.  It seems to work for
Bill Gates.   He's no friend of mine, but he sure knows how to get software to