Double Quotes

From: "Jason Best" <jbest(at)mission3(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Double Quotes
Date: 2007-09-14 20:55:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

                I think I have come across a bug. I am trying to create
a new stored proc using plperl. I have an IN variable declared as a
table called XmlData. The SQL being generated is wrong:

CREATE FUNCTION test.testsub2(IN xml test.""XmlData"", OUT id integer)

'return $_[0]->{id};'

ALTER FUNCTION test.testsub2(IN test.""XmlData"", OUT integer) OWNER TO

GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION test.testsub2(IN test.""XmlData"", OUT
integer) TO public;

You can see it clearly is double quoting the table name. The UI form
element is single quoting it. I tried to correct this be removing the
quotes in the UI (add param screen), but it won't let me add
test.XmlData without the quotes. Am I doing something wrong or is this a
bug? The exact error pgAdmin gives when I click OK is -

 An error has occurred:

ERROR: zero-length delimited identifier or near """"

LINE 1: CREATE FUNCTION test.testsub2(IN test test.""XmlData"") RETU...

Jason Aaron Best
Lead Development Engineer
602.393.8987 [M]
212.202.4288 [F]

866.297.2841 [TF]

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Rob McDonellDate: 2007-09-14 23:27:23