Re: bugs list working???

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Klint Gore <kg(at)kgb(dot)une(dot)edu(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bugs list working???
Date: 2004-03-29 20:11:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Klint Gore <kg(at)kgb(dot)une(dot)edu(dot)au> writes:
> Anyone had any problems with the bugs mailing list?

Nope ...

> I posted a message
> to it on friday lunchtime (australian time) and didn't get anything back
> for it. I reposted it using the web page bug report and didn't see it
> either.
> It's possible that my file was rejected due to an attachment as the test
> case in the message involves base64 data. Is there any way of tracking
> if this is the case?

AFAIK there is no anti-base64 filter, but there is a limit of 30K or so
on message size; how big was your test case?

The majordomo 'bot can notify you when it diverts your message for
moderator approval, but this is an option in your subscription settings,
and I think Marc has it turned off by default for some reason. You
might want to adjust your subscription options. Send "help show" and
"help set" to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org for instructions. Personally
I keep all my PG subscriptions set like this:

pgsql-general:
Receiving each unduplicated message
Subscriber flags:
noeliminatecc
nohide
nohidepost
nopostblock
prefix
replyto
selfcopy
norewritefrom
ackstall
ackdeny
noackpost
ackreject

(IIRC ackstall is the setting at issue here.)