JBuilder QueryDataSet: Can't browse tables in Query Editor

From: Pierre Habraken <Pierre(dot)Habraken(at)ujf-grenoble(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: JBuilder QueryDataSet: Can't browse tables in Query Editor
Date: 1998-03-25 08:57:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Playing with the JBuilder GUI, I am trying to set up an instance of the
QueryDataSet component using the Query Editor.
The targetted table resides within a remote PostgreSql database which
JBuilder is connected to through the Postgres JDBC driver.
Connecting the JBuilder IDE to the database using the Connection Editor
was successful.

Within the Query Editor, I performed the following steps:
- bind the query to the relevant Database component: OK
- push down the button 'Browse tables': this causes the message:
       ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ""
  to be displayed.
  This message is apparently reported by the JDBC driver. The PostgreSql
  server log file logs the same error message.
- Then, manually entering a query, say: "select * from bar", and pushing
  down the button 'Test query' is successfully acknowledged, though the
  server reacts by logging the message:
       ERROR:  t: Table does not exist.

Any idea ?
Thanks in advance (again) for any help.
Pierre HABRAKEN - mailto:Pierre(dot)Habraken(at)ujf-grenoble(dot)fr
Tél: 04 76 51 48 87 - Fax: 04 76 51 45 63
Université Joseph Fourier - Département Scientifique Universitaire
Adresse postale : CAFIM/DSU BP53 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Sergey S. KosyakovDate: 1998-03-25 09:04:45