Re: [dspam-users] Postgres vs. MySQL

From: "Casey Allen Shobe" <cshobe(at)osss(dot)net>
To: "Clifton Royston" <cliftonr(at)tikitechnologies(dot)com>
Cc: "Evilio del Rio" <edelrio(at)cmima(dot)csic(dot)es>, dspam-users(at)networkdweebs(dot)com, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [dspam-users] Postgres vs. MySQL
Date: 2004-11-27 02:11:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

I posted about this a couple days ago on dspam-dev...

I am using DSpam with PostgreSQL, and like you discovered the horrible
performance. The reason is because the default PostgreSQL query planner
settings determine that a sequence scan will be more efficient than an
index scan, which is wrong. To correct this behavior, adjust the query
planner settings for the appropriate table/column with this command:

alter table "dspam_token_data" alter "token" set statistics 200; analyze;

Let me know if it help you. It worked wonders for me.

--
Casey Allen Shobe
cshobe(at)osss(dot)net