Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess & Postgresql 6.3

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Carlo Vitolo <carlo(at)ilr(dot)it>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess & Postgresql 6.3
Date: 1998-03-17 08:10:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Carlo Vitolo wrote:

> At 07:45 PM 3/15/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >Carlo,
> >
> >Did you get any helpful replies to this posting, or have you solved the
> >problem yourself yet?
> >After using pgaccess with postgres 6.2 successfully, I just cannot get
> >pgaccess to working with postgres 6.3.
> >I have re-compiled postgres 6.3, libpgtcl & libpq, installed (replaced the
> >libs in my usr/lib) and I still get the same error as yourself. I am using
> >RH5.0 & tcl 8.0. pgaccess 0.84 & postgres 0.63.
> >
> >If you have had any joy, please let me know..
> >

> No, Pgaccess(any version) & postgresql 6.3 doesn't work for me.
> I still get the same error.

I have installed PostgreSQL 6.3, on a RedHat 5.0 with Tcl/Tk 8.0 and
PgAccess 0.84 !!!

I didn't encountered any problem!

Please follow exactly : the following steps.

1. Remove *ANY* file, program, library related to PostgreSQL 6.2.1 from
anywhere, especially libpgtcl.so.* libpq.so.*
2. Untar the last PostgreSQL 6.3 distribution
3. Compile all, compile also src/interfaces/libpgtcl and
/src/interfaces/libpq
4. Install postgres and make it work
5. Copy libpgtcl.so.? in /lib as libpgtcl.so (without any other numeric
extension)
6. Copy libpq.so.? in /lib as libpq.so (also, without any other numeric
extension)
7. Install PgAccess and run it with "wish -f pgaccess.tcl"

Please report me exactly what it happens!

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA