AUTOINDEXING AND HOROLOGY REGRESSION ERROR ON PGSQL 6.3, LINUX-ELF i686

From: "PostgreSQL On Peanuts(dot)roanoke(dot)edu" <postgres(at)peanuts(dot)roanoke(dot)edu>
To: PostgreSQL HACKERS List <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: AUTOINDEXING AND HOROLOGY REGRESSION ERROR ON PGSQL 6.3, LINUX-ELF i686
Date: 1998-03-16 21:09:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers
hello all,

yep, i'm new to postgres so please bare with me.  if this isn't the
correct place to ask these questions, please point me in the right
direction.

first and foremost,

i need to have a field (say pin) that is the primary key of a given
relation.  each time a record gets added to this relation, the pin
increases by 1.  thus making an auto increasing primary key (i.e. a
unique identifier for each record that isn't explicitly increased by 1,
the dbms does it for me.)

second,

i have a platform related installation question, which list should be
used.

thankx,

-brian (postgres(at)peanuts(dot)roanoke(dot)edu)

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Jackson, DeJuanDate: 1998-03-16 21:11:06