Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess: I can't save a view

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess: I can't save a view
Date: 1998-03-14 12:23:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it wrote:

> There's an error generated by parser when I try to save a view as:
>
> SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE column_name = 'VALUE'
>
> If I push <Save query definition> button I have this error message:

> error defining view
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near 'VALUE'

It is true.

A simple bug that has not been detected since now.
A new version that fixed that bug is available

http://www.flex.ro/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.84.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.flex.ro/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.84.tar.gz

In this distribution is also present a dumped database for demo called
formdemo.sql.
Create your own demo database :
$ createdb mydemo
$ psql -e mydemo <formdemo.sql

There is a query of that form that can be saved as a view, now.
Remember, since the view is a PostgreSQL object, it's name *MUST* have
no spaces inside.

Jose, thanks for your help,

--
Constantin Teodorescu