Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess & forms...it just begs to be asked...

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] pgaccess & forms...it just begs to be asked...
Date: 1998-03-11 11:15:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>         I just finally got pgaccess to work on one of my machines, and am
> totally lost on how to use the 'forms' feature.

I'm afraid I'm not a very good teacher :-)

Also, the API for forms and connecting to databases is at the begining.

Today I will release a new 0.83 version of PgAccess with a slightly
modified interface for databases (queries).
Also I will relase a database (in a dumped format) with a simple example
( phone book). How to display, search and add enteries. I Think that it
will be ok than.

>         Now, if I read the instructions right, I should be able to go to
> the toolbar, click on 'entry' and drag it to...?  The "Form Design"
> window?  If so, that doesn't work :(

No. First of all you should choose your tool. Let's say listbox.
Than you go on canvas and make a rectangle as in Corel (point somewhere,
press the button, drag to the end and release the mouse-button).
The rectangle should appear when you release the mouse-button as a
listbox.

Please wait for this 0.83 version and for demo database !
I hope that it will come today in let's say 8 hours.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA