Re: [INTERFACES] PgAccess 0.82 and Postgres 6.3

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Felix Morley Finch <felix(at)crowfix(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PgAccess 0.82 and Postgres 6.3
Date: 1998-03-07 20:39:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Felix Morley Finch wrote:

> PgAccess worked before I upgraded, doesn't now.  I tried using the new
> pibpgtcl built by 6.3, that didn't help.  I'm nt familiar with tcl,
> but it looks like the connect call passes 3 parms and that libpgtcl
> expects 3 parms.  Is there something obvious I am doing wrong?

No. The number of parm's didn't changed. It must be some mixed libraries
from older version left somewhere.

I have completely remove all postgreSQL 6.2, libraries, libpq's and
libpgtcl's from anywhere on the system.
I have completely compiled postgreSQL 6.3 distribution from scratch.
Also , go in directory :

/usr/src/postgresql-6.3/src/interfaces/libpgtcl

and issue make

after that, copy libpgtcl.so.1 to /lib/libpgtcl.so and also from
libpq/libpq.so.1.1 to /lib/libpq.so

PgAccess should work without any problem.
Don't forget to launch postmaster with the -i option.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA