Re: attoptions

From: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: attoptions
Date: 2010-01-21 05:57:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 19:51, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> But yes, lets keep it simple for now.
>
> OK.  Updated patch attached.  Changes:
>
> - Incorporate your previous review patch.
> - Omit attacl and attoptions from hardcoded relation descriptor
> initializers so the whole thing still builds.

Seems to me a comment about the above might be nice. Something like
/* Things after here are should always be default null */ in
pg_attribute.h ?

Other than the below it looks good to me.

*** a/src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c
--- b/src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c
***************
*** 2426,2437 **** ATPrepCmd(List **wqueue, Relation rel, AlterTableCmd *cmd,
case AT_SetOptions: /* ALTER COLUMN SET ( options ) */
case AT_ResetOptions: /* ALTER COLUMN RESET ( options ) */
ATSimplePermissionsRelationOrIndex(rel);
! ATSimpleRecursion(wqueue, rel, cmd, recurse);
pass = AT_PASS_COL_ATTRS;
break;
case AT_SetStorage: /* ALTER COLUMN SET STORAGE */
ATSimplePermissions(rel, false);
! /* This command never recurses */
/* No command-specific prep needed */
pass = AT_PASS_COL_ATTRS;