Re: contrib/pg_stat_statements 1226

From: "Alex Hunsaker" <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "ITAGAKI Takahiro" <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: contrib/pg_stat_statements 1226
Date: 2008-12-30 16:59:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 15:46, Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 23:04, ITAGAKI Takahiro
> <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>> Here is an updated version of contrib/pg_stat_statements patch.
>
> Im going to do some more testing, give the typedef Chunk stuff another
> look (you did fix the race/not protected by a spinlock  you found
> earlier right?) .  And if all looks good mark it as ready for
> commiter.  (Assuming I find time tonight :))

Ok i ran a portion of tpc-h with 4 simultaneous clients doing the same
query on a 32bit dual core machine about a hundred times (lets call
this A).  I then compared the # of calls, # of gets and # rows from
pg_stat_statements view to a single run (lets cal this B) to make sure
they matched (i.e. made sure A.gets = A.calls * B.gets), that part all
looks good.  So I think if there was a race you squashed it.  My only
nit this time around was patch complaining about (Stripping trailing
CRs from patch.) but that's no big deal.  So Im going to mark it as
ready for commmiter.