Re: 8.3.0 backend segfaults

From: "Alex Hunsaker" <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.3.0 backend segfaults
Date: 2008-03-12 15:44:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> wrote:
ommits.

> Are you sure you are calling DBI->connect *after* the Apache children
> are created?

Yes.

Major problems like this can happen if not. The use of
> prepare_cached() may be adding to the problem as well, especially if
> you are using temp tables.

The tables its failing on happen to not be temp tables (I only have 1
temp table and only do 1 insert into it for the entire transaction).

>In DBD::Pg, prepared statements are not
> actually prepared (in most cases) until just before the first execute,
> to account for late bindings and to be more efficient. Some related
> DBD::Pg attribs to look at are pg_server_prepare and pg_prepare_now.

Hrm, well i dont ever prepare them in mass, I only prepare them and
when im going to be calling execute right afterwords. But ill try
turning on autovac and setting pg_prepare_now to 1 and see what
happens.