Re: [HACKERS] Lost a function overloading capability in v6.3

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)topsystem(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Lost a function overloading capability in v6.3
Date: 1998-03-03 15:19:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Meskes wrote:

> Thomas G. Lockhart writes:
> > destroydbcreatedb
> >
> > Oops. Sorry about that. The good news is that the function isn't damaging to
> > your system :-/
>
> No problem. It's my test DB anyway.
>
> > > mm=> select abstime_datetime(900000000);
> > > abstime_datetime
> > > ----------------
> > > epoch
> > > (1 row)
>
> Is this answer correct?

Oh! I only noticed the first one, which was the right answer. You are getting
zero into the function in both cases, where for my machine I'm getting garbage
which might be uninitialized stuff or a pointer.

Neither are correct.

Can someone speculate where this might be happening? I don't even know where to
start looking :(

- Tom