Re: [HACKERS] Redhat 5.0 RPMS request

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "D(dot) Dante Lorenso" <dlorenso(at)afai(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Redhat 5.0 RPMS request
Date: 1998-02-24 16:53:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Are you guys going to make an RPM for Redhat 5.0 when 6.3 is
> released? I'd like that very much.

I don't know who packages the "official" RedHat RPM for this. It would
be nice to coordinate it with the Postgres project so we can make sure
bug fixes and workarounds for Linux are incorporated.

The current RPM for RH5.0 is compiled with USE_LOCALE turned on. I
haven't been able to figure out how to get proper locale support since
pre-RH4.2, though I did have it working at one time. My little test
program which used to work does not now, and I don't know if it is
because I forgot something about how to set up the environment or if
something in the configuration changed.

Does anyone want to track this down and make it work for RH5.0? That
would ensure that v6.3 can operate cleanly. btw, a test for the locale
support is to try "select '$1.00'::money;". Works fine on my RH4.2 box
with locale support disabled (the default for a clean install from
source), and fails on both RH4.2 and on my RH5.0 box when locale support
is compiled in...

- Tom