Possible replacement regex

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>
To: henry(at)zoo(dot)utoronto(dot)ca
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Possible replacement regex
Date: 1998-02-24 16:08:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Henry Spencer <henry(at)zoo(dot)toronto(dot)edu> wrote:

> > Would you recommend we replace our regex stuff with something else?
>
> My only real competitor :-) right now appears to be the GNU rx package,

Actually there is a very nice regular expression package (re) inside the
python 1.5 (http://www.python.org/)
distribution (it does the perl-style regular expressions, with some
minor differences to fit the python programming model)

There is also an older version (regex) that does
emacs/grep/awk/xxx-style regex (selectable by set_syntax)

They all fall under the python license which seems to me very compatible
with postgresql ona.

Hannu Krosing

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Henry SpencerDate: 1998-02-24 16:14:15
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Re: Appended a string of text to each line in a fil e
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ecpg news