New version of PgAccess released - 0.80

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Questions <pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New version of PgAccess released - 0.80
Date: 1998-02-23 15:18:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello all,

is good to be back again :-) because last week I've got a flue , I had
to stay at home but fortunatelly I succeded getting a notebook with me
and worked a little bit at PgAccess again.

What's new in this 0.80 version of PgAccess ?

The most important thing is that I introduced the form design module.
It's in an early alpha stage but I intend to make it full functional
until the next PostgreSQL 6.3 official release so it could be included
in the CD distribution. BTW, when should this happen ? Also, I would
like to release it a week or two before in order to get some feed-back
from users.

I didn't succeed trying to make Visual Tcl to work as a module of
PgAccess so I decided to reinvent the wheel and writing a tiny and less
performant form designer of my own. It wouldn't be certainly  better
than Vtcl but it would be quite good for database forms designing. Also,
I would like to improve it in that direction, because it deals with
databases, tables, etc.

More information on

You can download the last version (as always) from or by ftp from

I am burning getting some reply's from any of you :-)

All the best,
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Chihiro SakamakiDate: 1998-02-26 14:22:28