Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?
Date: 1998-02-20 06:57:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have been working with many of you for over a year, and would like to
> know more details about you.

I'm 40 (yuck) and live with my wife and two cats near Pasadena, California.
We have five horses; my wife does show jumping and I do some trail riding
and some polo. Used to do a lot of backpacking, cross-country skiing,
whitewater rafting and kayaking, but as we've accumulated horses we spend
most of our time on them nowadays. As you might guess, we don't have
children.

I went to school at Occidental College and Caltech, working part time at
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory until out of school, and full time ever
since. My background is in astronomy, and I've worked on VLBI (radio
interferometric) systems in the distant past. More recently, I designed and
built a world-wide network of GPS ground tracking stations, collecting data
back to JPL for distribution to the international geodetic community. We
also used the network for some earth-orbiting spacecraft tracking. Just
changed jobs within JPL to work on optical interferometers, hopefully
leading toward flying one in space to look for planets around other stars.

Oh, and I spend _way_ too much time working on Postgres :)

- Tom