Are you a database expert, passionate about building database technology that supports relentless growth and innovation? Join the team that is building the database of the cloud. As a software developer on the database team, you will be implementing core technology that runs salesforce.com. You will join a team of world class, highly motivated software engineers and database experts to deliver a high quality software architecture with the scalability and performance needed to match the staggering growth of our service. You will need expertise with database internals, exceptional software engineering skills, proficiency with agile development methodologies, and the ability to operate within short release cycles. You will work closely with Quality Engineering, Technical Operations, and other teams to deliver exciting new technologies that set the standard for data storage in the cloud.
* Design and implement major pieces of the salesforce.com core database infrastructure
* Formulate, implement, and evaluate algorithms and database techniques to support service scalability and stability
* Work closely with Quality Engineering and Technical Operations to test and deploy infrastructural enhancements
* Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves system availability, resiliency, and performance
* BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
* Strong software development experience
* Experience implementing database internals
* Experience with schema design and SQL development
* Innovator with good ideas, strong problem solving and communication skills, and a results oriented attitude
* Ability to learn quickly and deliver high quality code in a fast-paced, dynamic agile team environment
* PostgreSQL software development experience and community involvement as a contributor would be a huge plus
* Experience building a high-performance large-scale database platform
* Experience with agile software development, and short release cycles
Would you like to apply to this job?
Apply for the Lead Database Software Engineer, PostgreSQL position<http://careers.force.com/jobs/ts2__Register?jobId=a1k700000006CbeAAE&tSource=> @ http://careers.force.com/jobs/ts2__Register?jobId=a1k700000006CbeAAE&tSource=
Or feel free to email me directly for more info, thanks!
Principal Recruiter, Technology
Find your #dreamjob<bitly.com/zl9qOY> at Salesforce.com!!!
Salesforce.com has been ranked #1by Forbes The Ten Most Innovative Companies In America<http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2012/09/05/the-ten-most-innovative-companies-in-america/>
Salesforce.com ranked #27 on Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For<http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies/2012/snapshots/27.html> list for 2012
The hottest technology careers are in the clouds:www.salesforce.com/techcareers<http://www.salesforce.com/techcareers>
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Derek Kinzel||Date: 2012-10-22 16:36:55|
|Subject: 3 PostgreSQL Developers needed at Resonate, a Big Data Startup in
Reston, VA (Washington, DC)|
|Previous:||From: Marcy Davis||Date: 2012-10-12 21:03:58|
|Subject: We are hiring 5 Database Engineers this year and 40-50 people next
year for a huge PostgreSQL project @ Salesforce.com|