Re: Can't list tables

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jan Chrillesen <jan(at)chrillesen(dot)dk>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't list tables
Date: 2001-05-13 15:33:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jan Chrillesen <jan(at)chrillesen(dot)dk> writes:
> I'm running 7.0.3 and want to upgrade to 7.1.1, but running pg_dumpall
> only dumps template1. Also psql -l only lists template1 - the same with
> \l

Hm. The most common reason for this sort of breakage is that you
deleted the users who owned databases, tables, etc --- pg_dump gets
confused when you do that. Look at the owner columns (datdba in
pg_database, relowner in pg_class, etc) and make sure you have pg_shadow
entries with matching usesysid values.