Re: calling perl program within a cgi script with parameters from html form

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: Deepblues <deepblues(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"'beginners-cgi(at)perl(dot)org' Lists" <beginners-cgi(at)perl(dot)org>
Subject: Re: calling perl program within a cgi script with parameters from html form
Date: 2005-04-26 13:49:28
Lists: pgsql-novice
This isn't really the right email list for this question.  Try this
list instead (to which I have moved the discussion).
beginners-cgi(at)perl(dot)org

However, this likely has to do with privileges to execute your perl
script.  In the last couple of days, the beginners-cgi list has
answered your question at least twice.  Remember, the webserver
(typically) runs a different user than you, so it may not have the
rights to execute the script.  Also, calling a perl program from a perl
CGI script is probably NOT the best way to accomplish the task you are
trying to accomplish.  You should probably read up a bit on database
access from CGI scripts and try an example or two.

Sean