query string returned when no records matched

From: "LLOYD,DAN (HP-Boise,ex1)" <dan(dot)lloyd(at)hp(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: query string returned when no records matched
Date: 2003-07-22 04:11:21
Lists: pgsql-novice
When using PostgreSQL 7.3.x on either Linux or HP-UX hosts, the SQL query
string is returned when the query finishes without error but finds no
matching records.  This ends up being visible in the client's web browser.

An example search would start like "SELECT DISTINCT ON (test_result_name,
entry_time) entry_time, ..." then show up in the html as plain text that is
created in the JavaServer Page (JSP).  The same thing happens when running
the query in Webmin which is not tied to anything I wrote.

What I am looking for is hopefully some PostgreSQL configuration setting to
suppress the query string being reflected back to me.  The JSP handles the
resulting empty table just fine but the string pollutes the html page.

TIA,Dan

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Abhishek GoyalDate: 2003-07-22 04:24:57